C. A. “Charlie” Langford, Sr. opened his first quarry in the 1940’s in Gallatin, TN. He went on to open additional quarries all over the state. His oldest son, C. A. “Rabbit” Langford, Jr., son-in-law and daughter, Miller and Virginia Langford Hunter worked with him. In 1956, a friend from Huntsville, AL suggested he come to Guntersville, AL.
He came and saw the potential and subsequently leased the present operational site. Rabbit Langford along with Miller and Virginia Langford Hunter moved their families to Guntersville to manage the new quarry. In June, 1956, the plant began crushing limestone. In February of 1961, Charlie’s youngest son, Mack Langford moved to Guntersville to join the family business.